Begin your studies at any time and from any place in this self-directed program targeting key skills and knowledge for teaching online. This program offers principles and best practices for becoming a successful online instructor. You’ll learn about:
- Models of online courses
- Converting content into learning events
- Roles of the online learner and instructor
- Strategies for ensuring interaction and critical thinking
- How to match tools and activities with objectives
- Options for assessing and motivating learners
The Fundamentals of Online Teaching course provides the backbone for this certificate. Choose from a range of electives to gain depth in the areas of greatest interest. Throughout your studies, you’ll have access to resources, examples, advising, and a community of practice.
Flexible, Self-paced Approach Fits Any Schedule
- Enroll and start whenever you’re ready and set your own time line for completion
- Study and complete exercises at your pace and on your own schedule
- Benefit from self-check and reflective activities and projects that you can adapt to your context
- Work with an advisor to choose courses and design your program of study
- Experience group-based and other formats through elective choices
You earn the certificate after completing 100 curriculum hours or 10 Continuing Education Units.